Hello Penthouse Forum....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Crittercooker

Original poster
Oct 19, 2022
There were two ladies vying for my attention at the local watering whole last night, so I did the only fair thing to do and offered them both a ride home......

Oh, sorry, wrong forum!

I've stalked this site for years and subscribed to Jeff's newsletter as well, using many of his great recipes. I thought it was time to give the forum a shot and see if I could pick up some more wisdom and maybe even share a tidbit from time to time as well! I've been outdoor cooking for ~25 years but I still have lots to learn. I take criticism well because I've had lots of practice! I'm from Tennessee and I like my ribs dry, my butts vinegary, my chicken spicy, and my steaks rare enough to fight me for the salad! My go to smoking woods are hickory and cherry, usually blended together. My current cooking arsenal includes: a Weber Genisis gas grill, a homebuilt charcoal grill, a homebuilt gas vertical propane smoker made from an antique refrigerator, a Rec Tec 700 pellet smoker, a homebuilt stick burner smoker of the tow behind variety, a Blackstone griddle, a 2 burner fish cooker, and a 40 gallon cast iron stew pot. I look forward to getting to know ya'll!

P.S. - I suck at remembering to take pictures, so I hope ya'll can help me with that!

Hi and welcome from Iowa! Sounds like you need more smokers / cooking devices...watch these guys, they are great for helping spend your money on things we think you need. What kind of stews do you make in your big pot?

Ryan

Hi and welcome from Iowa! Sounds like you need more smokers / cooking devices...watch these guys, they are great for helping spend your money on things we think you need. What kind of stews do you make in your big pot?

Ryan
Usually just the family stew recipe that has been passed down through a couple of generations. It's a very thick meat and vegetable heavy stew that makes about 33 gallons when cut into thirds. Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Welcome from Colorado. Sounds like you have a great quiver of smokers. Did you build them or buy them? Let’s see some pictures!

Welcome from Colorado. Sounds like you have a great quiver of smokers. Did you build them or buy them? Let’s see some pictures!
I designed and built the homebuilt ones with some help from some very talented friends. I'll work on getting some pics on this here de-vice so that I can upload them.

Reactions: chp
Welcome aboard. If your pics are on a camera then just drag the pics into your thread.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky