Hello from western Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrband

Original poster
Jan 15, 2017
Garden City, KS
My name is Lyle and I live in the southwestern corner of Kansas, past Dodge City. In my cooking career I've retired an el-cheapo brinkman charcoal smoker I'd modified to hold temp better for turkeys. Currently I'm cooking on an offset stick burner sold by tractor supply. Honestly, the plan is to upgrade to a Yoder YS 640 next weekend.

I joined this forum for information and cook techniques. I've mainly been a "turkey, butt, ribs" person but would love to start branching out into other cuts of meet. I'd love to have everyone's favorite meat and recipe/cooking instructions to try on the new Yoder.

Thanks to all.

Welcome Lyle ! 
welcome1.gif
 You definitely  found the right Forum to research all that info. Don't be shy and make sure to ask if you are having trouble finding anything? A OTBS member will spot your question and be more then willing to jump in and help you and or point you in right direction. Make sure to post pics of your progress, everyone like pics! 
grilling_smilie.gif

yahoo.gif

Hello Lyle and welcome to SMF. As Bigbore said you definitely found the best place to come for help, ideas, knowledge and all questions you have. Cruise the forums and stick around, there is always something happening.
Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky