Hello from Pennsylvania

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Joshua0813

Original poster
May 11, 2019
Hi, I'm josh

So having worked as a cashier most of my life a man who had just bought a meatshop was having trouble finding employees and called me while I was working at a pizza shop and hired me to smoke beefstick, kielbasa, and bacon originally. They always did it there but was never able to find new employees to see if it would catch on, so the butcher did it on his spare time, which he didn't have much. So when I got hired noone really knew how to do it and we've basically been using trial and error, reading through forums, and watching youtube videos. Eventually though, it did catch on and so now we're also smoking jerkey, ribs and want to have a go at maybe a brisket or a shoulder if reasonable. I've been working there alittle over a year and actually registered to see if I anyone has tips and can answer some Hi giving my situation.

Thank you in advance

Welcome aboard, there are plenty of sausage folks here that can offer advice.

Chris

If you turning out homemade various sausage brisket and especially pork shoulder will be a breeze. What sort of smoker are you working with and more importantly where is this butcher shop located so we can come and visit and help support you and your employer?
I work at smithmyer's in loretto Pa, we use a 100lb Sausage Maker we use hickory sawdust actually. We serve only Certified Angus Brand Beef and wear dress shirts and ties.

I work at smithmyer's in loretto Pa, we use a 100lb Sausage Maker we use hickory sawdust actually. We serve only Certified Angus Brand Beef and wear dress shirts and ties.

Welcome Joshua!!
Wow---You're West pretty far---Closer to Pittsburgh than Harrisburg.
Sounds like you're having fun, and you came to the right place for assistance.

Bear (from near Allentown)

welcome from northeast pa, I will say this is the best forum on the planet with the most knowledgeable people you will find in one spot, I don't think there is question out there that you won't get an answer to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky