Hello from Chicago

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Myzanaki

Original poster
Jun 19, 2020
Just saying hello and thank you for all the great info on bere

Occasionally I was smoking ribs on my Weber kettle. My wife got me a 30" masterbuilt digital as an early birthday present, smoked 3 racks of ribs and Mac and cheese last week. Used cherry and had a nice subtle flavors, I noticed the cherry did have trouble smoking whenever I adde

Today smoking a 7.5 lb pork shoulder, I read on here that sometimes cherry has an issue staying lit, so today mixed the cherry with some scotch barrel and getting a much more steady stream of smoke, although the scotch barell seems to be burning rather quickly

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Iowa, glad to have you! And like kevin said...we like pics, we like to drool over other people's food! :emoji_laughing: and you're right, cherry pellets by themselves don't stay lit very well by themselves

Ryan

Reactions: JC in GB
I didn't take many pictures, but this is the butt right before I pulled.

Apple cider brined overnight and then jack daniels pork rib. Foil Pan under while it smoked with apple cider and apple cider vinegar to help keep moist but also keep all those drippings to be used when I pulled.
IMG_20200619_175008.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky