hello from almost noob

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xterra

Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
chicago... well close enough
xterra from almost chicago here

been smoken for a while (hot smoke)

(offset horizontal) gonna put my new a maze n in it this weekend me thinks

a little more smoke to a fully cooked ham, i will just warm smoke it for a few and let the wife finish it in oven
drool.gif

i want to thank all of ya for the wealth of knowledge

thats here.

and i cant wait to make indian candy...omg!

had it in alaska in 95.....its to die for!

think smoked salmon carmel and your close.

lets see i can get to supreme lobster (fish monger) and back in 15 min.

will be doing that soon before it gets too warm outside.

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

Welcome aboard, xterra! Glad you joined us. You've found a great place to learn and share ideas. Lots of friendly an knowledgeable folks here who enjoy helping one another. Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us!

Make sure you show the pictures of your smokes (q-view)!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

ok i started my ecourse

i see that kat you are thinking the same as i about doing a ham for easter (very cool).

more about myself

i have smoked maybe 30 pheasants and maybe 50 fish, i used to hunt and fish a lot,

all hot smoked and never more than 2 birds or

5 fish at once, 4 turkey breasts, maybe 12 slabs of ribs and 4 cornish game hens and

oh maybe 100 chicken drum sticks

all with varied but acceptable results to me

i am a firm believer in internal temps for safe eating

i would reather chew on it a little than get sick.

but i love lox and sushi (HAD a pet fish named sushi)
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

and as i mentioned indian candied salmon

i have seen the horizontal offset mods thread (great ideas there) i already did a few myself long ago

(smoked brains think alike)

again thanks to all for the warm smokey welcome's

xterra

since i started here i have made 2 batches of smoked nuts

almonds,pecans,and cashews.

just browned slowly in butter on stove, wait till cool off (not cold but still warm) and add 1.5 TBS of 100% maple syrup

and a 1/4 tsp salt, mix and put in foil pan.

used amazen smoker in grill with hickory and cherry pellets 2.5 hours cold smoke

was suprised they not sticky

and they are awsome!

how long can they last vacuum packed with out refridgeration?

i would like to send some out to family.

i know wrong place to ask this.

but i not hurting anyone.... i am just NUTS
yahoo.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky