Hello from Alabama

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

larryinbama89

Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Alabama
Hi everyone, I've been a long time lurker but finally made an account. I found SMF about four years ago shortly after buying my first smoker, a cheap offset, at a scratch and dent auction. I've managed to make some pretty good BBQ on it and have used it for smoking summer sausage and even cheese when the temp gets low enough. I haven't been able to smoke as much as I would like the past year or so due to not having as much available free time as I used to betwee

Thanks guys. Glad to be here. I've learned a lot from stuff I've read here. I accidentally posted that before I had finished typing and wasn't able to edit it. Finally completed my first uds yesterday hopefully it will be more user friendly than the offset. Fired it up and seasoned it but it currently doesn't have a thermometer, I ordered two last week from amazon but due to the weather they got delayed in Texas and Tennessee and won't be here until Wednesday. Can't wait to get a couple butts on it hopefully this upcoming weekend.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.   Lots of               great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky