Handi Vac Score W /QVIEW And It Works

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
MotorHedd had this in a post. I thought it was deserving of it's own thread. Thanks buddy.

I have always wanted a food saver but the 100 + dollars plus stopped me plus the bags.

Here is a nice alternative for cheap. Ten dollars at Albertsons quart bags are 3+ dollars for 14 bags and you can reseal them.

I talked to a guy at Sam's today and he loves it better than his food saver thing.

Here is a bag of pastrami I just sealed.

And if you want to see a video you can go here: www.handi-vac.com

Hope this helps.

Thanks for watching.
Ron

Sure, show this now after I got a FoodSaver for my birthday in July. Still, a great find. I've never come across this before. I like the reusable aspect. FoodSaver bags are sort of reusable to a point, but have to be cut down each time til of course they can't be used anymore. A great backup too. Keep us posted on how well it works, etc.

I need to try some of those too.....
cool.gif

Thanks ron and Motor.

You are welcome.

Motor it was you that told us about it, thanks buddy. Works great!

When I made the above post and the site went down, and the time didn't show, so I am bumping it up if somebody is interested in this product.

Thanks

Hey Ron
I found this a couple weeks back and scooped it up, it worked so well for the race party we had for storing and reheating....
Great score I agree!!

Wonder if you can reheat in boiling water? Anyone?

Any updates on this Handi Vac and how it is holding up. I am looking into getting a Foodsaver but if this also works well i am up for saving some money.

I picked one up a while back the only thing I found is that after a couple weeks in the freezer the bags loose there vacuum. So now I only freeze using my food saver and use handi vac to store food in the fridge.

Yeah, but when say marinating chicken breasts at a competition that could be a huge help. Cut time down and it should increase the penetration. Just a thought.

I got mine when they first hit Kmart last year. I do have a food Saver but these are great for the fast small packs of stuff I will use up soon. For the price you can't go wrong.

I picked one up when they first hit Kamrt last year. They work pretty good for small fast packs of stuff when your in a hurry. The main thing is to not over stuff the bag or they will open up on you in time. You have to stay in that zone the bags have highlighted on them. I also found out if the meat is moist that you can take a small paper towel and roll it up like a pencil and put that in the top of the bag them seal it. The moisture will be sucked into the towel and not into the machine. Mine works really well.

I've had a Handi Vac since they first came out. Still some problems with bags holding a seal. Some do fine and some are defective. I have some short ribs in the freezer for going on a year that look perfect with a good seal, no ice/frost or freezer burn. I bought a bunch of short ribs when on sale. Wife thinks short ribs have too much fat and doesn't like them. I love'em so I make them on occasion and she does me a favor and eats them.

I am making my first batch of bacon soon. It is curing now. I wanted to try this to seal the extra. I wonder if I put the sealed bags in a zip lock if they would work better?

I've had one for about a month and no problems yet, but a sealed ziplock inside might be the answer to coming unsealed. But ID would think you'd have to use a ziplock smaller than the bag, which might cut way down on capacity.

Well mine worked fine for awhile. Then the batteries would not last. I finally took it back.

I was thinking more along the lines of sealing them then putting them in a larger ziplock with as much air out as I can. Not sure if it would help or not.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky