Grill - Smoke Station on Porch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeboat

Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
Tampa, FL
My wife and I are just starting to plan out a new screened porch. We currently have a covered patio (12' x 14'). We are planning to extend the area to 13' x 30' screened porch. The plan is to keep the keep grill and smoker (vertical gasser) together and make a prep station next to it.

I wanted to see what others have for their grilling - smoking stations. We have been searching the web and most things we find are outdoor kitchens that really don't apply to what we are doing (or budget).

Mine is in pieces at the moment because my outdoor kitchen/carport is now our master suite but it was pretty basic anyway.

Once I finish with the master then I'll be building a new 30x40 covered deck (15x15 of it is already there with the hot tub on it) that will house the new outdoor kitchen/hot tub/entertaining area.

All my gear will be lined up against the west wall (only solid wall and only one with easy plumbing access for the sink, rest will be lattice).

I have an old broken chest freezer that I store my wood, utensils for the grill, etc. in since it is watertight and seems to be mostly air tight. I built a wood frame and table top that fits on top of the lid. The table top is stainless steel sheet repurposed from my grandpa's butcher shop and I use it as my prep area.

Next to the prep table/cooler setup I have an industrial pedestal sink (another refit from the butcher shop).

Then the Smoke Hollow 4 in 1 Combo (newest addition replacing my CharGriller 5050, happy birthday to me, thanks honey).

Then my MES 30. 

I'd like to add a fridge into the mix but I'll have to see what the boss, and the budget, says.

Only thing I haven't decided on is where to put the TV, speakers, and satellite hookup.

I had a neighbor who tried to smoke on a screened in porch, somehow the smoke stayed inside the screens, although it wasn't a very big porch I would be afraid of the same happening to me. Was funny watching him try to move a hot smoker off the porch, had to be there I guess
biggrin.gif
. Maybe you can pipe the smoke out if that happens. Let me know how it works out, would be great to move my station to my screened in porch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky