Greetings from upstate NY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonnygranada

Original poster
Apr 27, 2017
I'll admit, been stalking here for a while but just finally joined. Really just wanted to seek the advice from the masters of home smoking! I live in a area where summer only lasts three months it seems and is under snow the rest of the year. I figured a smoker is a nice way to enjoy some summer flavor all year round! Look forward to reading all the posts here and hopefully impart knowledge when I can!

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here!!!! I realize I forgot to mention a few things.... im out in sandy creek New York. I currently don't own a smoker but am in the process of building my first one from a true freezer.... not bad so far but like most struggling with that damn foam..... it seeing what people have done with these is keeping me inspired!

Welcome to the forum!! Since your summers are so short, you are going to need a vacuum sealer to save all those smoked goodies for the winter!!

I do plan on vacuum sealing all the goodies to the best of my ability.  My awesome Father-in-law gave me his vacuum sealer that he used to use a few years ago, still works perfectly but he just doesnt have the time to sit and seal all of his hunting treats....   I set aside a good portion of my weekend (usually saturday mornings, im up at 5...) to do what needs to be done with my home brew, any canning, ect....   so i figure sealing a bunch of stuff could take up my Sunday mornings...  LOL!  But thats if i can ever get the skin out of my freezer so i can remove that stupid foam......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky