Greeting From The Deep South

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kylekessler

Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Hey There!

Kyle Kessler here from Wetumpka Alabama. Wetumpka is about 20 miles North of Montgomery.

I've been smoking meat for about 6 years now. I use a round upright Brinkman Smoker. I do mostly ribs but I've been known to throw on a brisket or two on occasion.

When it comes to smoking meat, I can hold my own, but I'd like to take it to the next level. I'd like to be able to produce juicy flavorful ribs on a consistant basis. My ribs always taste good, but sometimes they are a little dryer than I care for them to be, Hopefully by joining here I can learn how to take my ribs and smoling to the next level.

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us. Check out the 5 day ecourse. Lots of great information in there.

As Brian said ^^^ , and check out the forums for pork ribs and/or beef ribs...lots of great methods used by many members.

Ribs aren't the easiest thing to smoke, but they are well worth the effort you put into them.

Welcome aboard & enjoy the forum!

Eric

Welcome, you can find anything you need here.Good luck.

Welcome, Kyle! Glad you joined us and look forward to all your contributions! Be sure to take tons of Qviews... (pictures!) of anything and everything BBQ, we love to drool! Check out Jeff's rub too!

Pops §§

Well you've come to the right place. Welcome aboard!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

Welcome Kyle! Take the 5 day e-course it really is helpful. Poke around in the pork forum as well!

Hey Kyle,
I have only been a member for a few days and the folks here are good people.
I am a complete noob to the world of smoke. I have learned more in a few days then I ever expected. Methods, recipes and general kindness.
The other 1/2 is that if you surf around this site, the Q-View will both make your mouth water and inspire you to try new things.
Hollar if you are ever in the Tyler area!!
Welcome Aboard!!

Welcome to SMF.. As people have said you have came to the right place. You can find out about any thing you want here. I have only been smoking for a short time now but I have allways been able to get the help I need. And the best think is the people want to help you..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky