Grease cup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NamVetJoe

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Naples Fl
Can anyone tell me the usefulness of this small grease cup on a masterbuilt 30-inch gas smoker?
IMG_1477.JPG

Reactions: SonnyE
Yes, the bracket can be adjusted to hold a proper collection vessel.
I have something almost identical on my Char-Broil gill. I use a wide mouth pint Mason jar on mine.
As long as you don't drop it (knock on wood), a Mason jar works great. And dishwasher safe, if you're into that.

My little aluminum cup like that developed pin holes in it... Not good.

353882-3542c2a3787d1ebabc409189b6df91bb.jpg

Joe I always use a pan with a grate so the smoke can surround the meat,an I don't have to worry about the cup running over.
Richie

Richie I am going to go the pan system also, the cup really seems useless to me considering the size Damn that's
IMG_1488.JPG
one good rib eye care to divulge your method

Yes, if you typically use a drip pan, that drain plug catch will typically sit idle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky