Graduation party with pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dingle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 22, 2007
Syracuse, NY
So here's the deal....I didnt put this in the pork section because this isn't really a post on pulled pork so-to-speak. I went to a graduation party yesterday that was catered by a road side bbq pit. Being that I have this new found love of BBQ I had to take a walk on over to check out this pit. I attempted to strike up a conversation with this "pit-master" but to no avail. I started out by explaining that I recently aquired this new love and was wondering what type of wood he was using for the days Que. This is the point of my whole story....this guy starts hemmin and hawwin "well-uhm-er-ah" doesnt even wanna tell me what kind of wood he's using!! So I mummbled something to the effect of him being "one of those guys" that doesnt want to share any info and I walked away to get some food. Wife asked me how that went and whether or not I tried the pulled pork yet. We were not impressed and both agreed that thanks to the help of all the experts at the SMF my pulled pork was far greater than that of this non-info sharing pit-master!

Have I mentioned how much I love this place?!

Jeez......he should have at least had the decency to lie to you.
biggrin.gif

Glad you're here DINGLE.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

We'll share our secrets with ya, well maybe not all of them.... but this place is great, lots of kind folks willing to share.

Thanks Fatback! Truth is the shape I was in I probly wouldnt have known if he was lying or not!

Cowgirl, you always say the nicest things!

Sounds like the guy was afeared of you stealing all his secrets
icon_rolleyes.gif

And your last post

LOL I've resembled that remark a time or two
icon_smile.gif

I hear ya Phil! I know some folks just dont wanna share. Thats what I've always liked about this site since day one!

Nah, Pack. She was a stick burner......pretty nice looking rig. He oughtta join the SMF though!!!!!

Next time walk up and say "That ain't the way we do it back home..." and then ask smugly "Is that old pallet wood yer usin?" Howdy from the Lower Hudson Valley!
MH
icon_exclaim.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky