Gourmet minute steaks...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
I have no photos but I will, soon.

I purchased an Angus (choice) chuck roast that I was going to grill for one of my famous grilled chuck roasts but it is so darned hot, even early in the day, that I decided to try something else...

So, I got the breaking knife out of the drawer and put steel to it, and then I cut thin fillets on a bias across the grain until I had a pile of 1/4" chuck steaks. Then I got the meat tenderizer out and flattened them out real good on both sides with the serrated side of the meat tenderizer.

Then I took a meat fillet and seasoned it with kosher salt, granulated garlic and fresh ground black pepper and laid it in a blistering hot skillet and cooked about a minute each side and maaaaan that was delicious!!!

Good trick for those days when it is too hot to cook outside but still have the craving for that excellent beef flavor that chuck has!

Next time I do it I will photo-document.

I bet they were great . I just broke down a chuck roll a couple weeks ago .
Got some nice steaks on that lower left cutting board . 2 nice chuck eye steaks on there .
I might try pounding a couple of the other ones thin and give that a try .
1690643653685.png

I bet they were great . I just broke down a chuck roll a couple weeks ago .
Got some nice steaks on that lower left cutting board . 2 nice chuck eye steaks on there .
I might try pounding a couple of the other ones thin and give that a try .
View attachment 671951
I love chuck eye steaks and I think chuck, in general, is just the best tasting part of any beef. Nice job!

I love chuck eye steaks
Me too . A meat cutter turned me on to them . I couldn't believe how good they are . I have a thread on them somewhere .
I agree on the flavor of the chuck . I did the 2 sierra's on a screaming hot Blackstone the other night . The smell was insane . They were really good .

I did the chuck eye roast on the pellet , but the whole time I was thinking about you ( not in a weird way ) and the live fire cooking you do .

• Haha
Reactions: Retired Spook
Nice write up but something seems to be missing....
Next time I do it I will photo-document.
Oh...the pics!! Suddenly I feel cheated :emoji_laughing: I clicked on this expecting to see another of your amazing cooks but alas it was not meant to be.....at least not yet :emoji_wink:
I was going to grill for one of my famous grilled chuck roasts but it is so darned hot
I'm with you sir. It's so freakin' hot I don't even want to think about cooking outside although I've done a couple short cooks recently on the grill. Heck, it's been so miserable that even getting in the pool has lost it's luster. Only a couple more months of it though.

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
Nice write up but something seems to be missing....

Oh...the pics!! Suddenly I feel cheated :emoji_laughing: I clicked on this expecting to see another of your amazing cooks but alas it was not meant to be.....at least not yet :emoji_wink:

I'm with you sir. It's so freakin' hot I don't even want to think about cooking outside although I've done a couple short cooks recently on the grill. Heck, it's been so miserable that even getting in the pool has lost it's luster. Only a couple more months of it though.

Robert
Thank you Sir Robert!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky