Getting back at it, smoking wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

h22lude

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Rhode Island
Haven't used the smoker in a good 2 or 3 years (or maybe I should say a bad 2 or 3 years). Going to do some wings. I plan on smoking dry and then adding hot and BBQ sauce after they are cooked. My smoker only gets to 275°F. Will that be hot enough to get a good crisp or should I throw them on the grill for a few minutes after smoking?

How long at 275°F and how long should I add smoke to them?

Pop them on the grill to crisp them up. 275* won't do it. It will probably take about an hour and a half at 275*. The amount of smoke is up to your tastes.

Chris

I usually run my smoker at 225-250 for about 1 hour 20 minutes, then onto a screaming hot gas grill to crisp up the skin. Then a toss in Frank's hot wing sauce & melted butter.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky