Game Bag Tape Machine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Grabbed one of these for my upcoming breakfast sausage grind in my new LEM #12 grinder. Got an aluminum game bag stuffing tube as well.
20240120_195006.jpg

Grabbed one of these for my upcoming breakfast sausage grind in my new LEM #12 grinder. Got an aluminum game bag stuffing tube as well.View attachment 686253
Welcome to the tape machine club! It's the only way to go in my opinion.
I am now doing like indaswamp indaswamp and I am using clear or all white bags and then using different color tape to indicate what meat it is visually. I'm still using a marker on the bag but the color coordinated tape is a cool idea and allows me to use 1 bag type vs different colored bags that cost an arm and a leg :D

Welcome to the tape machine club! It's the only way to go in my opinion.
I am now doing like indaswamp indaswamp and I am using clear or all white bags and then using different color tape to indicate what meat it is visually. I'm still using a marker on the bag but the color coordinated tape is a cool idea and allows me to use 1 bag type vs different colored bags that cost an arm and a leg :D
Where are you getting your clear bags?

Where are you getting your clear bags?
I got a 1,000 pack of 1 and 2lbs bags off ebay a couple years ago. If I remember correctly they were only like only $34 per 1,000 count box or something like that each. Hell of a deal at the time!

Best deal I can find now is that Amazon has 500ct wild game bags for $21 after 10% off then and additional 6% off on a total of 2 items purchased. They way the apply the separate discounts I think it comes out to a cumulative 11% off on the whole order.

$44 for 1000 poly meat bags is a decent price these days. The one main issue is they are all "wild game" bags vs a solid white or clear bag :(

Amazon had 1000 1pound bags from the company MEAT! for $48. They are all purpose bags that are black and white and have spots to write on them and at least don't say "wild game" on them. Might also be an option for a few dollars more.

The last option I see for lower prices would be to see if a seller/manufacturer on the alibaba site had acceptable minimum order quantities and shipping prices from China. They are all made there to begin with.
At that point it might be possible to get them for a bit less.... if the quantity and shipping cost made sense. I would imagine only buying in some kind of bulk and picking up at the airport or a port would make that worthwhile. Also much of that inventory would likely need to be resold because who is going to use up like 10-50k 1pound bags unless they own a meat processing business of some kind lol :D

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I got a 1,000 pack of 1 and 2lbs bags off ebay a couple years ago. If I remember correctly they were only like only $34 per 1,000 count box or something like that each. Hell of a deal at the time!

Best deal I can find now is that Amazon has 500ct wild game bags for $21 after 10% off then and additional 6% off on a total of 2 items purchased. They way the apply the separate discounts I think it comes out to a cumulative 11% off on the whole order.

$44 for 1000 poly meat bags is a decent price these days. The one main issue is they are all "wild game" bags vs a solid white or clear bag :(

Amazon had 1000 1pound bags from the company MEAT! for $48. They are all purpose bags that are black and white and have spots to write on them and at least don't say "wild game" on them. Might also be an option for a few dollars more.

The last option I see for lower prices would be to see if a seller/manufacturer on the alibaba site had acceptable minimum order quantities and shipping prices from China. They are all made there to begin with.
At that point it might be possible to get them for a bit less.... if the quantity and shipping cost made sense. I would imagine only buying in some kind of bulk and picking up at the airport or a port would make that worthwhile. Also much of that inventory would likely need to be resold because who is going to use up like 10-50k 1pound bags unless they own a meat processing business of some kind lol :D
Thank you...

Question, do I need or should I get a bigger stuffing tube than the ones that came with my 5 lb. LEM?
The 1” tube is the biggest LEM offers for the 5# stuffer. It will work fine. I stuffed manny a 5” bologna and Krakowska sausage with that stuffer and the 1” tube, it works you just have to hand squeeze the bag at the tube to let the bag fill and be patient with it.

Question, do I need or should I get a bigger stuffing tube than the ones that came with my 5 lb. LEM?
When filling meat bags, I find it best to swirl the horn around in the bag, or at least go side to side as you fill. I find I get less air entrapment in the bag doing it this way.....and steady hand pressure to 'burp' any air out of the bag back towards the stuffer. Remember-no pricking with the plastic meat bags like you can on casing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky