Frozen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Phil1971

Original poster
Aug 19, 2023
Hello there, I'm away from home. I'll be back Sunday evening. I'm looking to smoke a butt for dinner Monday evening. When I bought it, I cut it into quarters, and froze them. I reckon I'll have to smoke them from frozen. Any tips?

Reactions: JLeonard
Howdy Phil, welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
I would think you could leave it at room temp for a couple hours to help with the thaw process.
Don't know it that would help enough though.

Reactions: Phil1971
As mentioned start thawing as soon as possible, if unable to do that give yourself a couple more hours to get it cooked. I usually dont spritz but I think after a few hours I would start spritzing to keep the outside moist so it doesnt dry out on ya. Also think about wrapping when you think it has enough smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky