Fried Worms

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin365

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Paris IL
I know, no qview=didnt happen, but this happened before the internet...i think. I saw "If you smoke worms..." and it made me think about me n my lil bro when we were kids. We lived in an old farm house in Dana, Indiana, this place was as old as the hills. It had running water in the kitchen and for the toilet, and that wasnt put in till the 70's according to our landlord. To take a bath, we had to draw water from the well and heat it on the wood stove that was used for cooking and heating. In the spring we would get earthworms and throw them on the wood stove after Mom was done cooking. Man, you wanna talk about an AWFUL smell. It used to smell up the entire house and make her so mad. That story being told, I wanna advise everyone NOT TO SMOKE WORMS!
cool.gif

all wrong..the way to keep the oder down is let them stay in corn meal a couple days..that rids them of the bodasuos oders they be a carring.
use dry goat excremant as the smoke make sure it is dry..throw a couple shovel full in to the fire box. oh, no sugar on the dry rub..makes em to crispy for me.

That's easy in reverse order ...
1st - Get LARGE Night Crawlers (Harvest them according to Erain) :)
2nd - Impale worms the long way on skewers
3rd - Roll in fine Sugar
4th - Light Small blow torch and commense making "Worm Brulee on a Stick" ( I get state fair rights to this recipe) They come out with such a nice carmelization and the combination of the sweet with the crispy meaty flavor is outrageous.
5th - Enjoy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky