Fresh Ahi 2 Ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
My son’s friend has been fishing a lot lately and it is Ahi season here in the Islands. He has been hooking me up with nice slabs for $25.00. In the stores here locally 1lb is going for 20-25 bucks a pound. Slabs I have been getting are anywhere from 3-3.5lbs so it is a great deal and fresh as can be. I did a nice amount for Sashimi for a friend and myself for Pupu’s this afternoon. I didn’t have wasabi so Coleman’s hot mustard is just as good IMHO. Sent some home with my friend and gave some to my Brother also.

Wife is not a huge fan so I kept a few choice pieces to grill up for her and made her a nice dinner with a roasted Spaghetti squash. Ahi this fresh all you need is a light coat of olive oil and salt and pepper. Grill till lightly pink inside then rest for a few minutes. So good!!

IMG_5446.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

IMG_5448.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow.. looks fresh and delicious!! That is a great deal. Wish we could get fresh saltwater seafood where I live. Nice job 👍
Thanks Nodak, yeah I appreciate the seafood I can get here always!!

Looks great and what a good deal on the price .
Yes living on the coast can get you some very fresh items. But knowing the fisher is always a better deal then from the stores . Even here on the coast.

I would be up to try it grilled or baked for sure

Now I want a big Halibut steak, Dam you , lol

David

Reactions: Redicans
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky