Formal introduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigun

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Well I got to thinking and realized that While I have been posting here for a while I never did formally introduce myself (I know I should be beaten severely for this). My name is Paul, I live in Dayton, Ohio and enjoy hunting fishing cooking and tinkering with any one of a hundred projects that drive my wife nuts. I got into this as a new way to cook and because some of the things I see posted on here are so good looking I had to attempt to learn how to make them myself. I currently own a SNP pitmaster delux that I just completed refurbing, and posted pics of in another thread. Thats about all of me, Pretty simple. Now I got to get back to tending a fire, I got a chuck, ABTs, a fatty, fresh cut fries, and fresh morels, to get ready for tonight. Ill post pics later or tomorrow.

Hey Paul... we'll only give you 50 lashings as opposed to standard 100.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Welcome to SMF!

Hello Paul,

Cant wait to see the Q. Thanks by the way for the fireplace caulk idea, did it this weekend around the my SFB and it worked great.

Talk with you soon.

Welcome Paul. Sounds good. What are morels?

Ah, mushrooms. I looked it up myself. How did you prepare them?

We just dusted them lightly with flour salt and pepper and fried them in a cast iron skillet in pure butter. it didn't help the cholesterol any but man they are good. There is a pic in the other thread I started last night that shows them being cooked and a few of the end product plated up.

Thanks for the intro., now how about some Q View?

Just posted chuck pics last night, and posted rib pics a couple months or so ago. I wish I had time and money to smoke something new everyday but I am married and have kids so you know where most of my money and time goes.

paul.........you ever give a thought bout smoking em............portabellas are WONDERFUL smoked...............mite give it a thought

Hey Bigun,

What ya'll hunt'n up there in Ohio. If you ever need to get away and hunts some pheasant, chukars or
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
quail let me know. We provide private hunts here on the ranch. 100-200 pheasant or however many you need to shot. Good luck on the future smokes.

Try half butter and half olive oil, it gives you the nice butter flavor without all the cholesterol. Plus olive oil can handle a higher heat so your butter doesn't brown too much.

I like to add a little garlic to the party too.

I may have to do that, Usually we hunt deer but I am guessing you noticed the bord dog in my avatar. That is my 4 year old brittany who is a semi trained bird dog. I also have another brit and a GSP at my house, but I haven't had the time to train them since I have been in engineering school for the past couple of years.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky