For those having trubble

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
For all those that are having trouble finding or wanting to try more exotic meats. This is a store close to my house but they do ship not sure if they have any other locations. They do have good quality meats vacuum sealed and i think flash frozen. https://www.fossilfarms.com

Nice selection, but not for Poor Folk. Might be able to talk the wife into the $136 2 pound Piedmontese Tomahawk Steak for a Birthday, but would need to compare to Wagyu A5 first...JJ

20 years ago, I did some consulting for a Emu/Ostrich Farm. They sold the meat for $12 a pound. I see now, $30 is the going rate. It IS excellent meat. Taste extremely close to Beef but nearly Fat Free...JJ

20 years ago, I did some consulting for a Emu/Ostrich Farm. They sold the meat for $12 a pound. I see now, $30 is the going rate. It IS excellent meat. Taste extremely close to Beef but nearly Fat Free...JJ

I'm not to sure if I could fit either an emu or ostrich leg on my kettle. :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses:

Chris

Maybe on a 26" Kettle. Check these guys out, A Whole Ostrich!...JJ

Now that was impressive!!! I'm pretty sure I could fit both wings on the 26" with the Vortex providing the heat. A single drumstick would be tight, may need a riser for the lid to close tight. It would most deafently be a challenge. How about those deviled eggs.

Chris

bradger bradger Sorry if we Hijacked you thread a bit. Since Fossil Farms primary biz was/is Ostrich, this info kind of goes. Maybe they would give you a discount on a Whole Bird.:emoji_sunglasses:...JJ

bradger bradger Sorry if we Hijacked you thread a bit. Since Fossil Farms primary biz was/is Ostrich, this info kind of goes. Maybe they would give you a discount on a Whole Bird.:emoji_sunglasses:...JJ
it's ok it was fun looking to see everyone trying to figure out how to smoke a whole bird.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky