For Fatbackjoe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flagriller

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 22, 2007
Brandon, Florida
This is a topic being discussed on the net.

Is the chicken skin ok to feed to a dog?

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
What can I say????
icon_mrgreen.gif

Ah Joe, that stuffs not really that good, what IS really good, is horse shizit. And its a multi tasker, Reba and Buddy can eat it AND roll in it.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Holy crap! I just coffee out my nose! That's funny!

I often wonder about the warnings of things they tell you not to feed your dog. My lab has been chewin' on a dead possum for about 2 weeks. She hasn't grown a third eye yet......hey, you try takin' it away from her...I dare ya'!

Well said Terry. Horse apples are multi taskers.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Then you get into cow pies..........not only can the dogs roll in them, if you dry them you can burn them for heat. (don't ask me how I know this)
icon_eek.gif

Yeah, that nice cold chewy rubberized chicken skin.....ya pull it and it streaches out then snap breaks of and it's like bubble gum.
tongue.gif

oh........how right you are sweetie, and they come home with the most beautiful shiney, irredesent green sheen to them.
icon_biggrin.gif

I have thrown quite a few cow, pies? pattys? chips? (am I in trouble yet), on the fire myself, they don't flame up to good do they. Sort of just sit there like coals.
icon_idea.gif
No open flames, just coals, actually a pleasant smellin smoke, tell ya what Patty, its up to you to do a test run. This may be the BBQ fuel of the future. By this time next year, you and I will be "stinkin" rich. We have an unlimited supply, I could modify a rock picker to collect them, And here we were just startin to think that the "chips were down".
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif

I've used dried ones for grilling...while camping.
They work fine if you can get past what they are.
icon_eek.gif
icon_smile.gif

Like Terry says, they sort of just sit there like coals. lol
I don't think I'd use them for smoking though.

Vlap, It doesn't really add any flavor (in my opinion) mainly heat.
Others might get more out of it than me.
smile.gif

LOL! Good one Geek!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky