Food Safety News Thu 10/1/2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak.fs

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 11, 2018
Omak, Washington
Food Safety News
Thu 10/1/2020 4:02 AM

Email not displaying properly? View it in your browser.
0b79a416-2b9d-43b0-8fcb-7198d2b6e3db.jpg
UK beef exports to U.S. restart after two decades
By News Desk on Oct 01, 2020 12:05 am The first shipment of beef from the United Kingdom to the United States in more than 20 years was dispatched this week. The U.S. market had been closed to EU beef since January 1998, when the country introduced import restrictions on beef, sheep and goats and their products because of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) concerns.... Continue Reading

Pork industry charges California Prop 12 with violating Commerce Clause
By Dan Flynn on Oct 01, 2020 12:03 am Ahead of Jan. 1, 2022, when state Proposition 12 begins to prohibit pork sales in California unless they are raised under strict new prohibitions, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is going to rule on whether or not the new state law violates the Commerce Clause. U.S. District Court Judge Thomas J. Whelan didn’t much care... Continue Reading

Looking beyond the surface for a mission in life — and finding it
By Guest Contributor on Oct 01, 2020 12:02 am Opinion Editor’s note: In this column Jaime Ragos, the Dave Theno Fellow for STOP Foodborne Illness, discusses her year working and learning in the food safety arena. I have learned some valuable lessons in these days of the coronavirus . . . things like, I enjoy my own company, The Golden Girls” is a quality TV... Continue Reading

Four sectors identified as vulnerable to food crime in Scotland
By Joe Whitworth on Oct 01, 2020 12:00 am Red meat, fish, alcohol and wild shellfish have been highlighted as high risk and vulnerable to food crime in Scotland. Food Standards Scotland’s Scottish Food Crime and Incidents Unit (SFCIU) said these areas of concern have previously and continue to be targeted by criminals, impacting consumers and responsible businesses. The sectors identified as food crime priorities... Continue Reading

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky