Foil boat brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Have not done a brisket in a long time so started looking for the latest and greatest way to smoke a brisket. FOIL BOAT! Sounds very interesting. Anybody have thoughts on this process of smoking a brisket? Thinking it would be almost impossible to dry it out.

Have not done a brisket in a long time so started looking for the latest and greatest way to smoke a brisket. FOIL BOAT! Sounds very interesting. Anybody have thoughts on this process of smoking a brisket? Thinking it would be almost impossible to dry it out.
Here's a thread posted by SmokinAl SmokinAl that will help you.

Chud did a video awhile back on you tube. I believe he was a fan of the boat. I'm sure there are other videos out there. How did your brisket turn out. Pictures of the process you went with?

Reactions: JLeonard
I've done my last few brisket with the foil boat. I like it. I like paper but I always have a hard time probing for tenderness with the paper. The paper either adds some resistance or I poke through the bottom and lose my juice. Foil boat is open on top so that's never an issue and it keeps your bark on top. I'm a fan.

When I hit the stall. I'll use an aluminum foil pan with a small rack in it. The rack will help keep the brisket from sitting directly in the liquid. Add your liquid of choice put the brisket on the rack, and cover tightly. When you're past the stall remove the brisket from the pan and place it back on the smokers grate to finish. I like the pan because for me it's quicker and neater than wrapping in just foil. Plus the meat isn't off the heat for very long so the recovery is faster.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky