FNG here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DemonPit

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
Michigan
FNG here, glad to be here. I wish I found this place 3 mistakes ago! I started cooking in restaurants at 13yrs old, I'm 48 now, and went to culinary school for 2yrs. I LOVE the smoking part much better. I have about 8 bone-in pork butts, 30 sausages, corn on the cob, squash, various other veggies, and my 1st brisket I did over the weekend. Which took about 19hrs (it was a 15lb pre-trim).

I've cooked all types or styles, smoking, broiler, sous vide, sautee, grill, fryer, you name it.

Anyways, glad to be here. Here's a pic of my brisket. And some burnt ends I made the day after. I vacuum sealed the cubes and 6 slices of brisket. It kept it nice and juicy during the reheat during the sous vide reheat (150 water temp)

20230702_201516.jpg 20230702_201853.jpg
20230703_185000.jpg

Welcome from Virginia. I see your location as Detroit... I was born and raised in the 'burbs of Detroit. You're the second Michigander in a short period. Either way, good looking chow!

Yeah, Im 'burbs also. If I say warren/sterling heights no one can get a general idea. I grew up in Florida (78-97, north of clearwater beach).

My next brisket I'll tweak the recipe a bit. WAY too much course black pepper.

Welcome. Tons of knowledge and tricks on here. I Just moved out of the UP unfortunately, but still claim Michigan

I did manage to get my first battle wound while shutting down the smoker after the brisket. I stabbed myself with the dayum temp probe in the meat of my hand. 3 days later and it still hurts!
Lol

I still have my chef knife, slicing knife and gp (general purpose) knife from 2001ish. Still going strong. I do need a new boning knife.

Welcome from North Mississippi! You passed the show and tell portion of the sign up process. Have mercy those are some good looking cooks. Look forward to more of your posts.

Jim

Reactions: DemonPit
I'm a pic whore. I do all of the cooking in my house. My wife can't boil water....well she can, but then the pan is not longer usable!
Lol

Ribs are still so-so. I need to tweak my recipes a bit.

Reactions: JLeonard
FNG here, glad to be here. I wish I found this place 3 mistakes ago! I started cooking in restaurants at 13yrs old, I'm 48 now, and went to culinary school for 2yrs. I LOVE the smoking part much better. I have about 8 bone-in pork butts, 30 sausages, corn on the cob, squash, various other veggies, and my 1st brisket I did over the weekend. Which took about 19hrs (it was a 15lb pre-trim).

I've cooked all types or styles, smoking, broiler, sous vide, sautee, grill, fryer, you name it.

Anyways, glad to be here. Here's a pic of my brisket. And some burnt ends I made the day after. I vacuum sealed the cubes and 6 slices of brisket. It kept it nice and juicy during the reheat during the sous vide reheat (150 water temp)

View attachment 669774View attachment 669775
View attachment 669776

Welcome from Wisconsin.

JC :emoji_cat:

Welcome from Michigan also! I know your area, I am from the Metro Detroit area as well. I moved down to Adrian (Lenawee County) about 17 years ago, one of the best things I ever did!

Dave

Reactions: DemonPit
I didn't think this measly meal needed a thread, so might as well as the this thread.

Filet mignon
Cajun seasoned (butter, minced garlic, smoked paprika, chili powder, Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, parsley) shrimp
Baked potatoe (loaded- butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese, salt, pepper)

20230908_170647.jpg

I didn't think this measly meal needed a thread, so might as well as the this thread.

Filet mignon
Cajun seasoned (butter, minced garlic, smoked paprika, chili powder, Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, parsley) shrimp
Baked potatoe (loaded- butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese, salt, pepper)

View attachment 675708
Looks good from here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky