Fish Rub?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ghostguy6

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 5, 2016
Edmonton AB
Does anyone have good, not spicy rub for fish? Would mainly be used on rainbow trout at hunt camp but possibly steak as well. I brought a rub I got as a promo from work long ago but have no idea whats actually in it. Now we are down to one more use then its gone for good. I can detect a hint of lemon pepper, garlic and onion powder, possibly some light brown sugar but thats all I can pick out. Does anyone have anything similar? It looks like light brown sand.
The landowner does not like Jeff's rub on fish or we would be set.

Try Paul prudhommes blackened redfish seasoning. Or Cajun magic bronzed seasoning (we love on shrimp).

Neither is very spicy, if at all, and great on seafood.

Try Paul prudhommes blackened redfish seasoning. Or Cajun magic bronzed seasoning (we love on shrimp).

Neither is very spicy, if at all, and great on seafood.
Second on the Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic. I buy the 24oz containers off amazon. It’s great on any fish/seafood.

Haven't done it in awhile, but we used to just add salt, pepper, and butter. Wrap in foil and toss into the campfire. Best tasting trout ever. Maybe it was because of the massive influx of the Boone's Farm Strawberry hill.

Chris

Thanks. Ill look into the Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic and Old bay to see if I can find it locally. The Old Bay is $132.16 for 6 oz on Amazon right now, Yikes! Paul Prudhommes starts as $62. You Americans have it good for spices.

Last edited:
My bad Ghost, I wasn’t paying attention to your location. I can send you some if you have trouble finding it locally...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky