First top round!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Leonard114

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 4, 2017
Harpers ferry wv
doing a 3 lb top round today never done one before! Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, and smoking with apple wood. should hopefully just be a good simple taste

Slice thin and don't overcook. Makes real good sandwiches. Sounds like your right on track.

Keep us posted.

Chris

Reactions: yortchko
Hey Neighbor! Haven't seen ya in a while on here.What Chris said above is spot on,top round also makes good jerky.

Bill

And I haven't had the chance to really smoke anything in awhile so I haven't been on here much hahaha even tho I did find a recipe in my one smoking book for smoked devil eggs that I did a couple weeks ago and they turned out awesome!

Slice thin and don't overcook. Makes real good sandwiches. Sounds like your right on track.

Keep us posted.

Chris
He's so right! Most meat can be somewhat tender depending on the preparation, cooking time, temp.. Jmo

Hey so it turned out awesome tender and juicy!!

Attachments

• IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 57
It sure looks good from here!
I like to shave them with a meat slicer for some good eating sammies!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky