First time shot a ribs in the electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Darrell Powell

Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
E024C5C4-4712-4D41-86DF-144C6B9CB804.jpeg
A44A31B7-2CCB-4A1B-8E34-187146CA700F.jpeg
prepped them last night and put them in about 12:45 at 225 degrees. Smoking with apple wood. Plan is to smoke for around 3 hours and then wrap for about 1 1/2.

Phase 2 just started. Ribs wrapped in foil and now will let them cooked for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Wrapped bone up with a little apple juice poured in. Wanting to get to around 205 final temp. Fro what I have read on this forum that the best FOB temp.

Your ribs look fantastic!
Very nicely done!!!
Al
Thanks.... still on the learning curve. One thing worth noting. Cannot rely on the thermostat on the MB30. Using 2 thermometer one for the meat and one for the inside temp. It’s anywhere from 8 to 10 degrees off. Next time I will set temp to 235 to begin with and see where it lands.

Thanks.... still on the learning curve. One thing worth noting. Cannot rely on the thermostat on the MB30. Using 2 thermometer one for the meat and one for the inside temp. It’s anywhere from 8 to 10 degrees off. Next time I will set temp to 235 to begin with and see where it lands.

Yes the MES units are notoriously inaccurate.
You are lucky that yours is only off by 10 degrees.
I've heard of some of them being off by almost 50 degrees.
I'm one of the lucky ones, I have an old MES 40 with the window.
It's probably at least 7 years old.
I use it mainly for sausage & the controller is spot on.
I check it constantly & it's always right on.
You can contact MB & they will send you a new controller, but it may be worse than the one you have now!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky