First time posting a Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atldust

Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
Growing up in NC and later in GA, my Dad use to smoke pork tenderloins, pork loin filets, cornish game hens, and turkey breasts, for the neighbors for Christmas. Proud to carry on the tradition. 2 pork tenderloins and 2 pork loin filets rubbed and ready to hit the smoker. First time posting smoking pics so I’m a little gun shy. Go easy, lol. Happy smokings.

DRhrpFdW4AAHLfk.jpg

Olive oil first and then put my rub I made on it and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

DRhsOQUXcAAW0iY.jpg

Hickory smoked at 225 and then pulled at 140° to put Chipotle/Honey glaze on one Loin Filet and then a Bourbon glaze (cause bourbon makes everything better) on the other and then back in till temp hit around 148° pulled and rested for 10 minutes. Wrapped and delivered the two to the neighbors.

DRhtJrmXUAE5vbD.jpg

Came back and pulled the two tenderloins. Glazed them in a honey/peach glaze and put them back the same as the others. This is the finished product. Both have been delivered as well.

Wanted to say thanks to all that contribute here. This is a great site and I have loved learning from you all and look forward to continuing to do so. I hope everyone has a great holiday season and happy smokings to all and to all a great night! Cheers

Last edited:
Those are wonderful pix. I just got pork tenderloins at Kroger this weekend for .99 cents a pound. As I'm learning here it's all about the temp. Plain and simple. Well, and TBS. Point!!!
Thank you. One of the first lessons I learned was its all about the temp. Love this site. Thanks for responding!

I have to say great job, everything looks top notch delicious.
Just a quick tip, maybe you might want to pull and give yourself some time to grill just a tad at the end to put some char and extra nice color on those puppies.
Just my input and trying to help.

I have to say great job, everything looks top notch delicious.
Just a quick tip, maybe you might want to pull and give yourself some time to grill just a tad at the end to put some char and extra nice color on those puppies.
Just my input and trying to help.
Thank you for your response and your input. I like the idea. I’m going to start doing tenderloins more often so I will try your way next time for sure. Sound like a perfect way to end the Smoke . Thanks!

Nice job on the pork!
They both look delicious!
I moved this to the pork section, I think you will get more replies there.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky