First time for Tasso

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nawlinsborn73

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 21, 2020
Being from Louisiana and living in the Philippines has been rough as far as great food is concerned. Can't buy good smoked sausage here and well Tasso it's never going to happen. Decided to give it a try on my own. Dry-cured the pork for 5 days then seasoned it and let it sit for 2 days in the seasoning. Decided to do a double smoke on it. I want to cold smoke for a day then let it rest and then I'll hot smoke it to 160-165 internal tomorrow. Let's hope that I don't waste this 8lbs of pork!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8131.JPG
    IMG_8131.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8132.JPG
    IMG_8132.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 23
After 8 hours of cold smoke. Smells really good. I'll let it rest in the fridge overnight and then hot smoke it in the morning. I'll post the finished product. It certainly does smell good

Attachments

• IMG_8136.JPG
    IMG_8136.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: G8trwood
You can't get it here in Indiana, either, and I wouldn't have known what it was if it wasn't for the forum.
I've only made it once and I was the only one I know that appreciated it. Oh, well...

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky