First ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hougie01

Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
Good Evening gentleman,

I am considering cooking a ham on my Traeger for the first time, traditionally we just cook it in the oven but I would like to do it on the Traeger. It's a 6lb bone in, I attached a picture of it. It's fresh. Any pointers or tips or should I just do it in the oven again?

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: SonnyE
Looks good!
Treager on! Your Treager is an oven, just pellet fired.
Be bold! Be adventuresome!
And always have a comfortable doghouse.... Just in case.

And Welcome to:
small-logo.png

Looks good!
Treager on! Your Treager is an oven, just pellet fired.
Be bold! Be adventuresome!
And always have a comfortable doghouse.... Just in case.

And Welcome to:
small-logo.png
I'm having a garage built over next 6 days so I will be prepared if it goes bad haha

Do you guys have any know how to bestow upon me, do I Cook it hot like the oven or smoke it, any rubs or glazes? Do I Cook it in a pan of apple juice or ginger ale? Helppp:)

Up above near the top is a thing that says Search click on that then enter "smoked ham", when done with that try "double smoked ham". There's so many threads it's easier for you to do the search than me try to list them all

Do you guys have any know how to bestow upon me, do I Cook it hot like the oven or smoke it, any rubs or glazes? Do I Cook it in a pan of apple juice or ginger ale? Helppp:)

If you never did a smoked ham before, I'd say wait till you can spring it on your immediate family. Just because you might want to adjust your smoke levels etc. Don't want to end up experimenting on a holiday ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky