First chuck roast, modeled after bears step by step

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinbill1638

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Western North Carolina
So this is my first post of a smoke. I started with chuck roast, it was on sale at Ingles. Also just received my new wsm 14 and first smoke on it. It's a little different setup than my 22.

I started with a 3lb chuck roast. Drizzled with Worcestershire and rubbed with Weber steak n chop seasoning and made its home in the fridge for the night.
20190811_100332.jpg

Next day, fired up the wsm 14 about 9:30 with 3 pieces of ro lump on bottom, kbb on top minion method, with a medium piece of apple and a small piece of pecan. Temp set at 230 on cyberq, did well for about 4 hours then fought temps all day.

20190811_094356.jpg

Put meat on about 11:30, checked after 3 hours and inserted probe.
20190811_155413.jpg

At about 7:00 pm, temp was just reaching 160. I moved to an aluminum pan, covered with Worcestershire and apple juice heated to 150, and double covered with aluminum foil, put in oven. Took to 203, probed tender, reduced to 170 for 2 hours, removed and let cool. Long day so into fridge it went.

Today pulled out and sliced, heated, and delicious.
20190812_181053.jpg

I couldn't keep myself or my family out of it for a before slicing pic. I will definitely be doing this again! I have to seal the new 14 first though.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE FOR ALL THE HELP. READING POST AFTER POST AND LEARNING SO MUCH OVER PAST FEW YEARS! THANK YOU BEAR FOR YOUR STEP BY STEPS, WORKED GREAT!

Bill , couple of things . Chuck looks great ,,, I love my 14 " WSM ,,, and you will never go wrong with Bears step by steps as a guide . Nice cook .

Reactions: smokinbill1638
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky