First cheese smoke!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dieseladdiction

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Ok, I have to say first that I have had an AMNPS tube for quite a while but never had pellets to try it out. Finally found some pellets at a Rural King which I never knew we had around until last week. Wasn't sure how it would work but decided to just do it and see what happens.
I have a cookshack smokette but didn't have time to test it out and see if it would stay lit or not so I used my Weber Q and layed it on the bottom strattled above the drip tray. Layed the cheese on each side so it wasn't directly above the tube. There is only about 3 inches from top of tube to the grate. I layed a few foil straps on grate since I didn't have a cooling rack to sit them on (didn't want black all over cheese).
Filled the tube with some pecan pellets and let it roll. Smoked for 2 hours and it looks and smells great. I'd say it got just a tad warm but acceptable for circumstances and test run. It is now wrapped and in fridge to rest. Almost forgot, outside temp was probably about 50 deg.

By the way, the cheese is Swiss, pepper jack, NY sharp cheddar, and Asiago

Let it rest uncovered for the night Then wrap it and wait and wait at least 3 weeks

Richie

Can't wait to try it. Now I just have to get more done so it is ready for Christmas presents

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky