• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First build

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goingcamping

Smoking Fanatic
Dec 26, 2012
Zimm,

If your Q-ing skills are at all like you welding/fabrication skills, your friends and family are in for a lot of great food! Nice build! I like that you made the build look deceptively simple, I know otherwise...that's a killer little smoker!

~Brett

bbq city

Fire Starter
Feb 14, 2013
Looks-Great.gif
Very nice! enjoy your new smoker!
congratulation_graphics_2.gif

Last edited:

urbotrimmm

Meat Mopper
Jan 13, 2013
type in bbq trailers to yahoo or google and you would be surprised at the cost.  The one I'm building lists for $16K and cost me around $3k including trailer.  Really nice job, firebox is deffinately big enough.

bruno994

Master of the Pit
Dec 19, 2011
Looks great zimmbillie.  You should be proud of that one for a long time. 

taterboy

Mar 7, 2013
This is the one I have, I'm guessing that it would cost about 2000.00 or more if someone made it for you, I think your has some real value, just one thought on your, i'm thinking that if your stack was on the other end you would get better flow with the smoke do you ever have a problem with that.

I was goint to put pictures of mine on here but i guess i can't I'm not much good at the forurm deal.

zimmbillie

Fire Starter
Feb 1, 2013
This is the one I have, I'm guessing that it would cost about 2000.00 or more if someone made it for you, I think your has some real value, just one thought on your, i'm thinking that if your stack was on the other end you would get better flow with the smoke do you ever have a problem with that.

I was goint to put pictures of mine on here but i guess i can't I'm not much good at the forurm deal.
It has an RF plate in it. Won't all the smoke just go straight out of the stack if I put it on the other side? 

zimmbillie

Fire Starter
Feb 1, 2013
Thanks everybody. Wow can't believe they cost that much. Maybe worth trying to sell one. Got two 8lb pork shoulders and a rabbit gonna try and make some pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow. I'll post a few pics prob be pretty board at 4am. Thanks again for all the help and advice. Next one will be better yet!!!! 

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Oct 7, 2012
Thanks everybody. Wow can't believe they cost that much. Maybe worth trying to sell one. Got two 8lb pork shoulders and a rabbit gonna try and make some pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow. I'll post a few pics prob be pretty board at 4am. Thanks again for all the help and advice. Next one will be better yet!!!! 
nice job. i have built a couple to sell. i sold them to cheap. but that's what friends are for.

happy smoken.

david

brawner

Feb 27, 2013
im building a reverse smoker for the first time and was wondering if someone could help me out with something? what size stack do i need to put on ? its a 6' 24" piece of pipe and a 24"x24" firebox

urbotrimmm

Meat Mopper
Jan 13, 2013
Check out a thread with a post from Dave Omark.  Under his post he always has a calculator link that let's you punch in your tank size and stack diameter and it computes how long to make it.  Hope this helps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky