First Big cook on 1975

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FritzHlzr

Original poster
Jun 10, 2022
Took delivery Of the !975 a few weeks ago, did my first big cook this past weekend for my youngest Son's graduation party, couldn't be more pleased with the cooker and the results. Did 1 brisket, 2 pork butts, 6 lb pork belly, and some boneless and skinless thighs that I chopped and served for sandwiches. I also was able to heat the potatoes, green beans, and baked beans on it. I was able to maintain right at 250 with some fluctuations in the range of 225-275. So glad I decided on the Workhorse 1975 and the options. Sorry for lack of plate pics, things get hectic when food comes out and I rarely have opp to pause for pics. Threw in a pic and my outdoor setup along with my garage converted to banquet hall.

jgiAW27JRLe6tMfh2J%P1w.jpg

ved
RenderedImage.jpg
MZVAvRBkSlOtpkK62Jm1Eg.jpg
RenderedImage.jpg
IMRPgowzTyeQenzQF9S6UQ.jpg
P6VGKGh9R7W6QEtE7Jw+LA.jpg
RenderedImage.jpg
RenderedImage.jpg

Attachments

• PWTjHPeATN6oeMLnyaqjtA.jpg
    PWTjHPeATN6oeMLnyaqjtA.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 17
Man that all looks great. I'm sure the son appreciated it. Love your view for cooking also. And the pupper on guard duty.

Jim

Reactions: FritzHlzr
Everything looks great, nice work! The 1975 Workhorse looks to be about the best offset available, most bang for the buck. RAY

Man that all looks great. I'm sure the son appreciated it. Love your view for cooking also. And the pupper on guard duty.

Jim
Not sure he's on guard duty or waiting for opportunity to steal something, BBQ'ing with a carnivore takes some work lol

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Everything looks great, nice work! The 1975 Workhorse looks to be about the best offset available, most bang for the buck. RAY
I'm very happy with it, after I ordered and was on waiting list I would read all the threads on whats currently available and being released waiting for the "one I should've or would've" bought and can say that I made the right choice, glad I opted for the second rack, the bigger smoker, and certainly the wagon wheels.

How does that top rack preform? does is run a lot hotter than the lower rack? Do you still get good smoke on your meat up there? I'm looking at ordering one of these and the top rack is on my list, I just want to make sure it's going to be useful for my application.

How does that top rack preform? does is run a lot hotter than the lower rack? Do you still get good smoke on your meat up there? I'm looking at ordering one of these and the top rack is on my list, I just want to make sure it's going to be useful for my application.
I like it a lot and use it often, half sheet pans fit there nicely and its easy to get that top rack hot for items like mac and cheese. The chicken I did for the grad party I had too many pieces so it didn't allow the heat to circulate above the meat. I.ve since done pork belly and stuffed pepper app on the top rack with excellent results. When the Pit is running in the sweet spot the top runs consistently 25 degrees hotter both left and right. Smoke I believe to be the same, I feel it runs dryer than the bottom, due to more airflow, but thats just a theory so far.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky