FINALLY decided to adopt a new baby!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
No, not (completely) insane ... talking a Baby Huey ... RecTeq RT700 ...

Sorta inspired by Tom’s resurrected thread to post this.

Wife and I decided our Christmas gifts will be new LR gas logs (wife) and new pellet grill (me). Heck, we don’t really NEED anything, and normally would ‘surprise’ with gifts, but 2020 is such an outlier, not really in the festive mood, and may as well start sooner getting some use out of both of these things we’ve wanted.

While the practical pig in me has been eyeing the new Pit Boss Platinums, seems quite a lot of growing pain QA issues. Looked a bit at the MB Gravity, but similar growing pains, and my BGE is so economical albeit small by comparison, will keep that for my charcoal cooks. Mentally flirting with Yoder, MAK, etc, just hard to justify the ^^$ ... has always seemed like RecTeq occupies a really nice value space.

I’ve had a 700 and/or a 590 in my cart for months and waffling over which ... was hoping they’d have another accessory sale before I pulled the trigger. As long as these things probably last, the extra couple hundred bucks for the 700 seems worthwhile. I won’t always need more real estate, but seems the extra shelf for the 590 isn’t even on their site anymore, so that pretty much dictates getting the larger unit for occasional big batches.

Mine will have to live outdoors, but getting the cover. Seems many of you have done this with no problems. If I ever get the &$%§€ garage thinned more and better organized I may have room to bring it in during our brief winter and either wheel it out to the back patio for nice-day-cooks, or just use it in the driveway and make the neighbors jealous :emoji_laughing:

Congrats on the new toy! Send some pics once you get it fired up and dialed in.

You wont regret the extra real-estate on the 700! Mine is outside with a cover all through all conditions and where i live I usually have to dig it out of the snow in winter. Never been an issue. Enjoy The Bull!!!

And I have the right seasoning for it (on right) :emoji_laughing:
C7219004-AA0F-42AB-A777-249697C69450.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky