Electric suggestion?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wired the way the diagram shows, with the rocker switch you can use either the analog controller or use the PID controller which will allow the higher temps. No need to bypass the analog dial and then if something goes wrong with either controller you have the option to switch to the other.
You have any pictures of your setup? Like to see where the switch got mounted and PID location?

I found a used Cookshack SM60 with the storage cabinet bolted to the bottom. I cleaned and rewired it. I ditched the CS controller and just went with a wired in cord that I plugged into the Auber 1520 PID w/wifi. I added a Bella CSG on the side and only use the internal element for heating. Cobalt bits are your friend. SS rivet nuts and silicon bbq gaskets are your second best friends.

Reactions: tallbm and normanaj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky