Easter Feast w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Morning. Hope everyone had a great Easter in quarantine. Definitely a strange year for sure but hope everyone still ate good. Wanted to share a few pics of my cook.

Started out with two 7 pound turkey breasts I had in the freezer. Didn't have time for a brine but had a bottle of creole garlic in the cabinet figured I would inject in one of them. Try to cook with low salt for the wife so the other one was not injected. Both coated in miners mix poultry perfection I had left over from thanksgiving. Weather calling for bad storms all day Easter Sunday so I smoked these on Saturday night.
Easter4.jpg

Getting some nice smoke at around 300 with hickory chunks.
Easter5.jpg

Pulled at 163.
Easter6.jpg

Easter7.jpg

Next day set my MES40 at the edge of the garage and fired it up with apple pellets. 10lb spiral ham getting happy. Did Jeff's version on this. Drizzled in maple syrup and dusted in rub.
Easter8.jpg

Ham getting glazed every 45 minutes at 225. Put both turkey breasts in a large pan with some chicken stock in the bottom, coated in foil, and put in the bottom of the smoker to heat back up.
Easter9.jpg

Ham done.
Easter10.jpg

Easter11.jpg

Ready for a little slicing.
Easter12.jpg

And the finished product.
Easter13.jpg

Had my wife's grandparents over who live across the street. Of course she brought some sides too. Ham, turkey, stuffing, corn casserole, broccoli casserole, deviled eggs,
homemade mashed potatoes, greens covered in spicy vinegar, and mac and cheese. This is a pretty standard holiday plate in the south.
Easter14.jpg

Made a key lime pie a la xray xray for dessert.
Easter15.jpg

After everything here was the leftover spread minus a few things. Forgot the sweet potato casserole!
Easter16.jpg

The injected turkey breast with the creole garlic was 10x better than the other one. So much flavor and so juicy and moist. The other breast wasn't bad but lacked that flavor punch. The ham was incredible. Lots of compliments went around on that. Incredibly stuffed after eating this feast and enjoying Easter with a little bit of extended family. Thanks for looking!

John

Wow, that's awesome! An amazing feast for sure. By the looks of it you were as stuffed as I was Sunday. Nothing wrong with leftovers either. And a belated Easter to you

Ryan

Reactions: campfire218
Ham, turkey, stuffing, corn casserole, broccoli casserole, deviled eggs,
homemade mashed potatoes, greens covered in spicy vinegar, and mac and cheese.

Damn John....did you miss anything?? :emoji_laughing: Great looking meal buddy. I'd have been proud to sit down to a plate full or two of that meal!! Thrilled you were able to share with at least a small portion of the family. Good job sir!1

Robert

Very nice spread John! Looks like a feast fit for royalty!!

Looks like you won’t need to grocery shop this week.

Like!

Very fine job. That is one hell of a meal! You don't by chance have any leftovers do you? :emoji_laughing:

Morning. Hope everyone had a great Easter in quarantine. Definitely a strange year for sure but hope everyone still ate good. Wanted to share a few pics of my cook.

Started out with two 7 pound turkey breasts I had in the freezer. Didn't have time for a brine but had a bottle of creole garlic in the cabinet figured I would inject in one of them. Try to cook with low salt for the wife so the other one was not injected. Both coated in miners mix poultry perfection I had left over from thanksgiving. Weather calling for bad storms all day Easter Sunday so I smoked these on Saturday night.
View attachment 440227

Getting some nice smoke at around 300 with hickory chunks.
View attachment 440229

Pulled at 163.
View attachment 440230
View attachment 440231

Next day set my MES40 at the edge of the garage and fired it up with apple pellets. 10lb spiral ham getting happy. Did Jeff's version on this. Drizzled in maple syrup and dusted in rub.
View attachment 440232

Ham getting glazed every 45 minutes at 225. Put both turkey breasts in a large pan with some chicken stock in the bottom, coated in foil, and put in the bottom of the smoker to heat back up.
View attachment 440233

Ham done.
View attachment 440234
View attachment 440235

Ready for a little slicing.
View attachment 440236

And the finished product.
View attachment 440237

Had my wife's grandparents over who live across the street. Of course she brought some sides too. Ham, turkey, stuffing, corn casserole, broccoli casserole, deviled eggs,
homemade mashed potatoes, greens covered in spicy vinegar, and mac and cheese. This is a pretty standard holiday plate in the south.
View attachment 440238

Made a key lime pie a la xray xray for dessert.
View attachment 440239

After everything here was the leftover spread minus a few things. Forgot the sweet potato casserole!
View attachment 440240

The injected turkey breast with the creole garlic was 10x better than the other one. So much flavor and so juicy and moist. The other breast wasn't bad but lacked that flavor punch. The ham was incredible. Lots of compliments went around on that. Incredibly stuffed after eating this feast and enjoying Easter with a little bit of extended family. Thanks for looking!

John
What a beautiful meal John!! All of it looks amazing. Color on the bird is money and the ham looks killer!! The greens are something I’ve not had in awhile. I am calling in a produce order later this week and see they have turnip and collard greens. I have some spicy vinegar courtesy of Robert. I may have to have some greens!

Wow, that's awesome! An amazing feast for sure. By the looks of it you were as stuffed as I was Sunday. Nothing wrong with leftovers either. And a belated Easter to you

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. Yeah man I couldn't move for about 4 hours and I have to dye Easter eggs with the kids. I think next time we will do the eggs before supper! Your meal looked awesome too!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Good thing I didn't have to color eggs and have an Easter egg hunt...would have left em white and set them outside on the lawn in the snow!

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky