Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good all! It's making me want WBB's for breakfast!
isuhunter-I have a square cast iron pan like the one you did the beans in. It's my go to pan for baking cornbread in.

I recently made this recipe. Well I didn't have pineapple or jalapeño. I used some siracha chile sauce for the spice and smoked them way too long. They were still awesome. Just think if I would have done them correctly.

OK, with so many people loving this recipe I believe I will be trying it soon.

Thanks!
Just be careful ...... they are addicting.  True story ..... I gave this recipe to my sister and she made a batch.  Her and her husband ate the whole batch the same day.  They actually made a second batch the next day and finished that batch off over two days.  

Just prepared a batch myself. Going to let it sit overnight in the fridge and then heat tomorrow with lunch.

By the way, my beans were a bit runny as per your update. I drained the can before mixing them. They should turn out fantastic.

Last edited:
So I've got a pork butt going & extra room in the smoker. I believe I have everything except for the pineapple & jalapenos, so I'm thinking of making these & including some drippings I'll collect when I go to foil on the butt. Is the recommended 2 1/2-3 hour time in the smoker about everyone likes for these then?

I just tossed two slabs of baby backs on with some hickory and apple. I plan to put the baked beans on with 2.5 hours left and add another small piece of apple. Last time I made these I overcooked them and they were a little dry/pasty. Still the best beans I ever had though. I think they were on around 4 hours and it was half the recipe.

I got all the ingredients but am passing on the pineapple this time.

Reactions: tumbleweed1
Just putting the beans on. The exact recipe from the first post minus pineapple.

96d2e90baabb7899037d8b81d0e44851.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made "Dutch's wicked baked beans" a few weeks ago for a family gathering. Everyone loved them and wanted the recipe. I told em to google it, lol. Kidding. Everyone ate them, didn't touch my mother in laws plain ol beans out of the can, lol.

Great Recipe! thanks!!

The best part about leftovers is that I get to mix my pulled pork with dutch's wicked baked beans. I call it dutch's wicked pork and beans.

Made these A couple weeks ago. Extremely tasty but a little spicy since I didn't seed the jallys. Still delicious with the 6lb pork butt

I made a last minute request cheater batch on the stovetop for a work potluck on Friday.  They are best on the smoker but I didn't have time after work Thursday night to fire it up so the stovetop it was.  That's why I call them a cheater batch.  They still disappeared at the potluck.  I have to make another batch to go with the little bit of pulled pork that was leftover and a tri tip that's destined for the smoker. 

My wife is not a big fan of spicy so I replace the jalapeno's with a 4 oz can of Ortega green chilis.   

I am cooking for 60 people here in June.  Going to make Dutch's beans.  Need to know how much I need to make up..  How many people will the regular recipe feed?  Then I can figure out how many of them I need to make...  thanks

Mike

I am cooking for 60 people here in June.  Going to make Dutch's beans.  Need to know how much I need to make up..  How many people will the regular recipe feed?  Then I can figure out how many of them I need to make...  thanks

Mike

Depends how many other sides you're having. At a potluck the other day for 25-30 people there were lots of sides and salads so one batch was plenty with very little of the beans leftover. What was left got taken home in a cup by another manager.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky