Got the first firebox built today. Going to try and mount it tomorrow afternoon and then there's the door and the vents to get cut in. Box is BIG! I'm guessing it is close to 800+ lbs. I know I bought the framework on Friday and plate on Saturday and there was 2000 of plate. I thought I overordered but the first box took half on the nose. I did buy wood stoves and decided that they just wouldn't be what I wanted and decided to build the boxes from scratch. I'm going to put the upper vents that Dave always suggests. I built insulated box and designed for single wall in door end and where vents are going to be. For upper vents I opted to put them in ends of box next to cut in for cook chamber. I will get pics when I get them cut in. Here's my carpenter flub up and something to smile at. I have been struggeling with my welds from the start of this. In my young days I actually could lay a pretty good bead...passable anyway and since I started this build my welds have been horrible at best. I have welded and ground more in the last month then I have ever done in my life. I have been having trouble seeing what I'm doing while welding. I stocked it up to getting older and blind. Here's the funny. This afternoon me and my brother were getting ready to cut off and I noticed a knob on the side of my autodarkening helment. Newsflash...these helments have a dimmer switch on them....Do I ever feel stupid. Pic of a weld when I can see.