Dino ribs are done but the internal temp is 185/190?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
Dino's have been post oak smoking since 7:00AM, cook chamber temps have stayed at 275/285 all day, been a great cook temp wise.
Using a large water pan which has been topped off.
Just probed for internal temps and the probe is hitting soft butter everywhere, so they are ready to come off, right?
My target internal temp for choice grade was 202/204, should I keep smoking or pull?

IMG_1553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull if that tender. Keep in mind that the bones in the beef ribs will assist in the "cooking" process since they get hot and radiate some heat from inside out. Also, the membranes around the beef ribs assists the juices in a kind of steaming process as well.

You're in for an awesome dinner!

I don’t know man…..”geez sis they just wouldnt get right. So im sending you some hot dogs!” as I lay back gnawing on a rib bone.
Looks good from here.

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
Dino's have been post oak smoking since 7:00AM, cook chamber temps have stayed at 275/285 all day, been a great cook temp wise.
Using a large water pan which has been topped off.
Just probed for internal temps and the probe is hitting soft butter everywhere, so they are ready to come off, right?
My target internal temp for choice grade was 202/204, should I keep smoking or pull?

View attachment 687473
I just cooked my first real rack of beef back ribs, pulled them under similar conditions. I was very happy with the flavor and texture, but surprised that there was still some medium looking meat. With that pullback and the temps, I'd go for it.

I'd keep cooking them just because there's usually a ton of fat in there to render. They don't really dry out that easily, but they'll still be good I'm sure. No matter what they are so rich I can't that much typically.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky