Different spin on basteing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
I've done as AL has mentioned and put the fat trimmings above on next grate above the ham on dbl smoked hams. Well I'm doing ribs also for a retirement party tomorrow that took a shelf so I improvised.
20180730_150144.jpg

Looks great. Back in the day the men in my family fought over the fatty slices of ham, no trimming allowed. Lots of flavor there if you don't mind the texture and are not under a Cardiologists care...JJ

Thks AL and JJ if I had my way it would be more on than trimmed.
20180730_225040.jpg
Pulled 1130 last night, wrapped in foil and placed in ECB elec. set 150F. Got up 530 this morning packed up cooler. Pan of biscuits and the smaller ham didint make it 5 min after carving. Going to reheat ribs and carve other ham for lunch. And the modified baste worked. Juicy as all get out.

Well bunch of men setting around the shop with meat sweats so I say a success ribs and ham gone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky