Did A LIttle Thing Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2012
Texas Gulf Coast
Sliced up 17 pounds of sliced Canadian bacon, vacuum packed, then vacuum packed 10 pounds of fresh pecans. They'll be used througout the year along with about 6 pounds of 2022 pecans.
2023-10-19 14.20.26.jpg
2023-10-19 14.07.49.jpg

Sliced up 17 pounds of sliced Canadian bacon, vacuum packed, then vacuum packed 10 pounds of fresh pecans. They'll be used througout the year along with about 6 pounds of 2022 pecans.
View attachment 678870View attachment 678871
Oh wow nice!

Fresh pecans are amazing.
What in the world happens to store bought pecans to make them taste so hollow and lackluster. Anyone know?

Store bought pecans never taste as full and rich or anything like a fresh pecan.

Looks great. I need to make some Canadian bacon. That's a ton of pecans. Not sure I've ever had fresh ones.

Fresh pecans are the best! My dad has a couple of trees next to his house. If he get them before the squirrels they are great eating.
Oh, and that Canadian bacon is great looking!
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky