Deer hunter's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You would love AL, last year if I'm not mistaken you were allowed 2 per day, either sex for the whole season

bumb bump
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Here in Michigan, sometimes shotgun is the only thing that makes sense. If you are in the brush a rifle would be really difficult to use. Depending on area, most deer are taken at under 75 yards. Really hard to deny the advantage of the slug/buckshot combo over rifle at those ranges/conditions.

Below M-46 <A state highway about half way up the mitten> only shotgun is allowed, anyway.

I have not hunted for years, but am thinking on re-establishing my male right to do so :{)

Venison jerky RULES! And that shoulder roast I did a while back was great, too.

Oh, as far as fire power..
Remington 870 Wingmaster in 20 Ga Skeet and Imp. cylinder barrels
1903 Springfield sporterized bolt 30-06
1893 Spanish Mauser action 8MM <With bayonet, just in case..heh>

[/quote] plus a 1"-3" "tater shooter"- screw on cap w/ a coleman lantern twist lighter- works perfect for south texas oranges.- the $2.00 per 10lb bag.- w/ aquanet hair spray i can "whelp" ya from 150 yds........[/quote]

Always wanted to make a tater gun. Got pix?

i have only hunted 1 season .. and that was about 5 years ago ... got 3 deer that day (one is in my photos in the 'show yerself' thread) ... then i moved back to louisiana ... there are way to many people hunting here ...

last place i checked wanted 300 for a 'membership' to hunt on their lease .. which is barely 200 acres ... and there are already 20 other people that hunt on it ...

the ones i did get tho .. were with a browning .308 ... all shot from about 130 yards ... and didn't have to track them .. they fell where they stood...

We have plenty of Deer down here in Southern Iowa. I think I killed 18 last year and 30 the year before (all with legal tags, you just have to keep buying them).

And I only hunt with one thing. A Wheelgun. Currently I have a .44 mag in a super red hawk with a 9 1/2" barrel and I also have a .475 Linebaugh.

They are loaded to the max and I whack a deer at Two Hundered yards when the stars and the moon align.

I like big guns, because I like it when they hurt! MUWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

Cherish ,you've never mentioned where you live. Your profile is empty. You want to live a secret life?? I will list some of my guns later. I own 57 guns of all kinds and I would have to get them out of my gun safes to take inventory. I can't wait 'til the muzzel loader week the end of Sept. Then our gun season starts in October thru January 10th.

I used to hunt as a kid and loved it but ever since the birth of my son everytime I look down the barrel of a rifle I'd see somebodys kid - just can'r do it anymore but I'll take the meat!

i had that problem .. till some old redneck explained it to me like this ..

'just picture that last damned fool that cut you off at the red light and caused you to spill your beer on your new seat cover' ...

well ok, i don't picture it exactly like that .. but you get the point.

I have a nice eight point that I took with a Marlin .444

A nice ten point that I took with a S&W 686 (.357)

This will me my first year bow hunting. I have an older PSE that was a gift to me from a very good freind.

I figure that if I take a buck with it a will have the trifecta!!!

I have killed a eight point buck at 450 yards with a ruger m77 Mark II with a 55gr soft point and he dropped like a sack of rocks after jumping 3 feet in the air. Last year I shot 4 deer within 15 seconds with it. I haven't had any problems shooting and killing deer with this gun. I wouldn't use anything else.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky