Curing Venison Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wallpe

Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
My friend just dropped off two small venison ham sections that are about 1.5 to 2 lbs each. I am wanting to cure them and smoke them. Figured this would be the place to get help. Would like to make one similar to a brown sugar pork ham and looking to experiment with the other. All suggestions welcome.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

I do all venison roast into dry venison.
Super easy and very good.

Put roast in ziplock bag.
for each pound of venison add
1/2 ounce Morton’s tender quick
1 TBS brown sugar
massage roast every other day or so for 12-14 days.
Smoke 125-175 degrees for up to 12 hours. Meat IT should be 155. You can smoke longer to make dryer.

here are some pics from my last batch
25613E57-77BC-4C46-8663-4B5DDD09B535.jpeg
F4E746FF-2980-434E-96B1-B2C1DDE7CB22.jpeg

Reactions: dave17a and buzzy
Well if that don't just make ya drool all over everything! That looks amazing. I tried three small pieces of that last year just to see how we liked it...you can imagine how fast it disappeared!

Big like
Ry

If you go to messages for all guests and members look for bearcarvers step by step index. It was on page 6, using my phone...not sure if it's the same on a computer

Ryan

Did a search but have not been able to find anything. Is there a way to do a more detailed search.
Here ya go .

Thanks chopsaw chopsaw how do you do that? I can find his step by steps but not sure I could explain it without confusion

Ryan

I have the link saved to my desktop , but it's in his signature . Just scroll down to the bottom of a post he makes , or go to profile page and choose about . Works for anyone with these types of guides / recipe collection and they add a link to their sig .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky