Curing and smoking first canadian bacon using charbroil vertical eletric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pamelap

Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
I am in day 5 of curing tenderlions for Canadian bacon there's not a lot of liquid I also need to know how long should I smoke for maximum flavor minimum dryness

I am in day 5 of curing tenderlions for Canadian bacon there's not a lot of liquid I also need to know how long should I smoke for maximum flavor minimum dryness
I wouldn't worry about the lack of moisture in the bag. Sometimes there is quite a bit. Sometimes there isn't much at all.

I follow Bear's Step by Step and it hasn't steered me wrong yet. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/238504/canadian-bacon-step-by-step-2015

You're using tenderloin instead of loin like he does but the process is the same. You want an IT of 145 degrees to be safe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky