Cured and Smoked bone in pork loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimalbert

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Lehighton, PA
Well, the local provisions place had bone in pork loins for 1.29 a pound and I couldn't resist. I had done plenty of cured boneless pork loins but never did them bone in. Now that I have a meat saw/grinder combo (another story about the blade) I decided to give it a whirl. I used pops brine and the thickest part of the chops was about 5 inches. I had them in cure for 28 days and smoked them at 140* for about 2 hours and turned the temp up to 180* in the smokehouse until the IT reached 152*. After resting covered in catering trays they rose to 155*. Here are some pics.

Before
20190105_103121_resized.jpg

In Smokehouse
20190106_144109_resized.jpg

Out of Smokehouse
20190106_175233_resized.jpg

Sliced
20190108_195049_resized.jpg

If anyone has any questions about the process feel free to message me. I didn't have time to do a step by step.

Jim

Looks like something I could eat. Never thought about curing the bone in loin also pork today USDA standard is 145 doesn't have to be higher.

Warren

That is cool, they look like ham chops! :D

Last edited:
Huh! I'll need to keep my eye open for this. I'd have no problems eating a few of them pieces!

Any place that sells loins will have them if they have a butcher. Most buys bone in loins and debone to sell them.

Bone in loins are just pork chops waiting to be cut!
So you have Canadian bacon with a bone.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky