Cuban Style Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 16, 2019
Brentwood CA
My Daughter and her partner needed a BBQ fix the other day so.......burgers and home made mac and cheese
Cuban-Style Buger & Mac.JPG

Steve H here ya go from Epicurious

Cuban-Style Burgers with Grilled Ham & Cheese
Yield: 4 burgers
Ingredients:
Patties
  • 1 pound freshly ground beef, 15% - 20% fat
  • 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon chile powder
  • ½ teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2-5 dashes Tabasco Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Vegetable oil, for brushing grill rack
  • 4 slices baked ham
  • 4 thick slices Monterey Jack cheese
  • 4 large sesame seed (I used Ciabatta buns, split and brushed with butter and toasted)
Mustard-Pickle Spread (I just did mustard and dill pickle slices)
  • ¼ cup dill or sweet pickle, chopped
  • ¼ cup yellow American mustard
  • ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
Preparation:
  1. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to med-high. Oil the grill when ready.
  1. To make the spread, combine the pickles and the mustards in a small bowl and stir to blend. Set aside.
  1. To make the patties, combine the sirloin, garlic, chile powder, cumin, cilantro, and pepper sauce in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form the portions into patties to fit the buns.
  1. Place the patties on the oiled grill, cover, and cook, turning once, until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Just before the patties are done, turn a second time and place a ham slice and a cheese slice on top of each patty.
  1. During the last few minutes of cooking, place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill to toast lightly.
  1. To assemble the burgers, spread the pickle spread over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a patty. Add the bun tops and serve.

Reactions: Steve H and jmusser
Nice work . Love a good Cuban sandwich or burger . That one looks great .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky