Cuban sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cuban sandwiches are one of my all-time favorites.

The best one i ever had was at a run down hole-in-the-wall in Brooklyn about 10 years ago - have never been able to find an equal since, and i have looked and tried to replicate it myself.

Though not elegant, they are deceptively difficult to get right - if the bread is too hard and dry (or you try to use french baguettes in place of proper cuban bread) or the pork is too dry and lacking in flavor, the sandwich can really be a letdown.

Some people try to come up with some sort of spin on it, or a fusion with another cuisine, but they never work - the simple, traditional cuban is always best

Will have to give it another attempt soon

Here is my take, recently. For me the key is making the pork.

Orange juice, stock, plenty of fresh spice.

20210214_130807.jpg

A few hours later:

20210214_191018.jpg

My George Foreman grill broke . . . so it's a griddle:

20210214_194943.jpg

And then we have it:

20210214_195901.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky