Covid is Real (Prayers needed)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My condolences John. Losing a brother or any close family is hard...JJ

My sincere condolences to you and your family John.... and thank you for sharing this with us. It's never, never easy to lose your loved ones and it takes time to recover..... When I was reading " This From “Lori” (Our Baby Sister)", I realized that tears are coming out of my eyes... I feel your pain deeply even though I don't know you in person.... Stay strong... We've got to win this fight.....

Reactions: daspyknows
So sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family thru this difficult time.
Keith

Heavy Sigh. I had a feeling on Tuesday.
Peace be with you and your family.

Give your sister, Lori, a big hug for me. Seriously.
I so understand the power of touch and talk at the end of life.

FA aka John

Jimmy Left Us (RIP)

This will be my last update, as We lost My Beloved Brother “Jimmy” at 3:40 PM, on Tuesday, December 29, 2020.

His Daughters met with our Younger Sister “Lori” at the Hospital to be near him before he passes, but only Lori went in to see him. Only one person was allowed in, and they all agreed it should be Lori, because being a Nurse, she was more used to “End of Life” situations. More below from Lori.
BTW: Jim's Wife "Darlene" was still at home in Isolation.

So Jimmy (75) left his Wife “Darlene” (73) of 50 years, and 2 Daughters “Jami” & “Juli”, and their 3 daughters, “Gabrielle”, “Ali”, and “Melodi”.
He also left his 3 Siblings, “Bonnie” (78) and Husband of 53 years “George” (80) with 2 Sons & 2 Daughters, “John” (72) and Wife of 52 years “Linda” (73) with 1 Son, and “Lori” (59) and Husband of 15 years “Ray” with 2 Daughters.

Jimmy will be sorely missed by all.

And This From “Lori” (Our Baby Sister)
After 2 long weeks of my brother being in ICU on a vent for Covid, and every imaginable treatment it was time to say Goodbye to him today... I held his hand and talked to him (I know he heard me even though he was not coherent).
I told him that I was proud of him and the way he tried to fight this dreaded disease, I told him how much ALL of his girls love him, I told him that he was the Big Brother who gave our Dad permission to go and be with our Mother in Heaven and now as the Baby Sister, I was giving him the permission to go be with Mom & Dad and I knew they would be waiting with open arms for him. I told him we weren’t really ready to “send him off” to them, but, we knew that his body was tired of fighting and his entire Medical Team was Proud of him for trying so hard to recover. I told him his entire family would miss him terribly, but, that one day we would all be together again and expect him to welcome us and show us around.
When he first entered the hospital he was asking for Coke and then he switched to Cream Soda... so today a 6 pack showed up with my niece, Jami... I took one up to his room and told him we brought him one just like he had asked (he wanted 3, but, we made him share with us)
So tonight I have mixed myself a Vodka Cream Soda... not bad albeit a bit sweet (maybe a new drink of choice) ... and I want everyone who reads this to tell their loved ones how much they mean to you and if you can give them a hug, as today is a gift, and tomorrow is never promised.

With love, Jim’s baby sister ~ Lori

Thank You All Again for all the Thoughts & Prayers.

Bear

I hate to post these Bad Updates, when it's all bad news, but if I post the good ones, I figure I should post the bad ones, Plus it might be a good thing to read, for those people who still think Covid is a Hoax, or "Overblown".

Thank You All for the Prayers & Thoughts,
Bear

Tuesday December 29 Shelby morning update::

Spoke to Dr Z . He said over the last 24 hours Uncle Jim continues to get sicker and sicker. The bleeding seems to have stopped. The steroids have changed to a different dose, the antibiotics changed to the most powerful they have to offer. There is nothing growing on any cultures they draw however which leads them to believe that it is unfortunately all cytokine storm. The chest x Ray is disturbing as it is very inflamed. His oxygen is 80% on 100% they said they couldn’t even offer more at a higher level of care hospital and they don’t think he would survive a transfer. I asked if my cousins and my aunt could come to see him. He said he will have chris reach out and set up an iPad face time call. And they will work on arranging a face to face visit as most certainly this is pressing and you would be allowed to come in to see him for yourselves. They are still going to do dialysis today and try to remove fluid but his blood pressure remains low as well. Dr Z is very defeated and upset that this is the news he has to bring. I will continue to be in touch as i get more updates about iPad calls and visitation.

Shelby
So sorry to hear about your brother, Bear. He WILL be missed. Backpacker

Bearcarver, My sincerest condolences to you and your family... May you find peace in the healing process...
Your friend...

Bear,
So sorry to hear of your families loss. Prayers will now be for the family as Jim doesn't need them now. He is enjoying being in the presence of almighty God and those that have gone before. God bless your family.

Sorry for your loss Mr. John.
That was a brutal read, and it hits way too close to home for many of us who have had a mild case and took it for granted.

God Speed Brother Jim R.I.P.

Dan

Very sorry for the loss of your brother.
We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Richard

I have to Thank You All again for all the Support you've all given to Me & My Family.
It's been very helpful to Me at this time. You guys All Rock!
I'm including (below) the picture We put in Jim's Obituary, from back in our Vietnam Days, so you can see who you all were praying for:

Thank You All,
Bear

Jim, back in 1965----Army Military Police

5fedf9807813b.jpg

So sorry for your loss John. Hope we can get this thing under control soon.

Dang John sorry to hear about your brother. Saying a prayer for you and your family.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky