Country style ribs and pork belly burnt ends.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
I haven't posted a cook for awhile. Nothing epic about this one but figured I'd post it anyhow.

1691709936850.png

1691709971111.png

1691710016604.png

i gotta try PB burnt ends. I always buy the whole PB and make bacon. but my shop has PB cut into 1.5" strips. good excuse to give it go. yours looks awesome.
Yeah, I happened on some sliced belly for $3.99/lb the other day and grabbed about 1.5 lb pack.

Reactions: fxsales1959
Dude... looks excellent! Never made burnt ends of any kind... should change that. But I pick my battles with Dr. so I choose lots of bacon lol!

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
Looks like you haven't lost your touch Doug. Nice job on both

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DougE
Served up with tater salad and slaw.

My plating skills are lacking, but it's a tasty meal for sure.
1691716470808.png

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Thanks for the likes and comments, y'all! It was just a pretty simple cook, but seemed post worthy for the burnt ends ........ they really turned out awesome.

Dude... looks excellent! Never made burnt ends of any kind... should change that. But I pick my battles with Dr. so I choose lots of bacon lol!

Ryan
No, Ryan, you really have to try it at least once. Similarly as awesome as bacon, but you're definitely eating a little more fat. Moderation, bud!

Looks like you haven't lost your touch Doug. Nice job on both

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks, Chris!
Yup that’s more my style. I’d stay and help wash dishes too.
You wash the dishes and I'll feed you as much as you can hold and send you off with left overs.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
For the burnt ends, I went with Jeff's original rub and put them on a rack on the Camp Chef running at 225° for a few hours. Then put them in a foil pan with some Carolina style sauce and more rub. I love tomatoes, but not really big on tomato based sauces.

Covered the pan with foil, bumped the temp up, and let them braise a couple hours. Then took the foil off and let the bark set nice, stirring every once in awhile till they looked awesome.

CSRs I went with Jeff's Texas for a change, but like it better on beef than pork.

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky